Thursday, May 21, 2009

Banana Fritters


I have found the equivalent of Krispy Kreme of Subang Jaya.

Seriously.

You know how people line up for ages to get those lardy, fatty doughnuts? Well, in Subang Jaya, or more accurately, USJ, we have people lining up too. Except it isn't Krispy Kreme. It's banana fritters. Or better known as 'goreng pisang'.


Well, after college one day, mum and I decided to try these famous bananas. When I reached the shop, known as D'Andaman Cafe (located in Taipan beside EON bank), there was a queue. Two men waiting.


The first man ordered RM10 of the banana fritters. I was pretty surprised. Since RM1 = 8 bananas, RM10 =8 x 10= 80 BANANAS!



I mean, freakin hell, who eats that much bananas anyway??


Exactly how good were these things??


When, it was my turn, I felt pretty self-conscious. Both guys in front of me had ordered double digits worth of bananas and I only ordered a measly RM2.


The woman packed the piping hot bananas into the bag with practiced efficiency into a paper bag and went on to serve the next customer. While I was queuing, another three people joined the line.


Notice that I am emphasizing the fact that people are queuing for the bananas. I mean, how often do you see that? There are 'goreng pisang' stalls everywhere, yet people choose this one.

Back to the story.
Anyway, I couldn't resist the smell wafting out from the bag of bananas, and tried one the moment I sat in the car.
It was good.

Like, mind-blowing good.
Tastes better than it looks.

The thin, crunchy crust was slightly sweetish and melted away almost immediately to sweet banana-ey goodness.


The banana was not too mushy and not too firm, and had the melt-in-your-mouth consistency.

The texture was smooth, creamy and so so good.

I bit into another. And another.


Bliss. Now, I know why those people were queuing up. None of the 'goreng pisang' I have ever eaten ever measures up to this one. Not even close.


Now, who needs Krispy Kreme when we've got these?

It is exactly like Krispy Kreme, fatty, oily, sweet, addictive and heads straight to your thighs. With an added bonus of potassium from the bananas.



P/S: Mid terms over, which means holidays are here! Gonna go Sunway Lagoon tomorrow and will be busy doing absolutely nothing for the next two weeks. YAY!